Friday 17 April 2015

Chapter seventy two

Back down stairs to the men's area with the guys, We met with Richie , Teek and Dave, with their suits tried and everything finalised we all made our way back upstairs to wait for Mara.

She had left strict instructions that we, well mainly me, was to wait in the open lobby area and not the gallery where she was trying on gowns and showing them to the girls.
Sure I tried to sneak a peek, but everytime I tried my dresser, who was now christened with the nick name Franc, appeared out of now where and asked if everything was fine and if he could get me anything.
"ser con I sujucie, if yow vant anytink yow lit me no. I ams ere to service yow."
The first couple of times was fine, but by the eighth time I was getting pissed.
"Look, i'm fine ok, I'm just stretching my legs..."
"low K ser, buts if yow ned anytink..."
 "Yeah yeah I'll ask..."
I looked at the guys who had there heads bent, all close together and I couldn't help noticing that they were all laughing.
"Something you wanna share?"
Rich looked up first, wiping tears from his eyes,
"What?"
"You, and that guy... its hysterical..."
"Really?"
I was still pissed and not in the mood for them to be laughing at me.
"Every time you move he's there, He's so fast, your shadow couldn't keep up...and the way he talks... man its pure gold..." Rich said this all in between gasps for air and still laughing uncontrollably...
"turning my back, I retorted, "So pleased I am a source of amusement for you..."
"Getting up, Richie came over to me, "Hey man, it wasn't you we were laughing at, really it was...." holding back his giggles, he composed himself enough to say "Franc" Soon as the boys and Jessie and Jake heard the name the laughter started again, this time I felt a smile curling at the corners of my mouth and soon enough I was laughing with them, made worse again when Franc came out to ask us to be respectful and quieten down, although his pronunciation took some understanding. In the end we thought better of sitting and waiting and decided to go get a bite to eat, I summoned Franc for the last time to go get my mom.
He left to go get her and a minute later she was stood in front of me.
"Oh baby, Mara is going to look a total dream...."
"Yeah, I know she will ma, listen, we have finished and Jessie and the guys are getting hungry so we thought wed head out to grab a bite ok?, call me on my cell when your through..."
leaning forward she did the mom thing and licked her finger and wiped away a smudge she saw on my chin...
"Ok sweetheart, there still a few more gowns Mara wants to try so i'll call when were done, and you can relax ill let her know where you have gone."
Giving my Ma a kiss on the cheek, I left with the guys,  outside on the sidewalk I asked, "So what's it to be guys?,"  Jakey answered first, "Pizza" Everyone thought for a second and agreed Pizza it should be.. Raising our hands we hailed three cabs, with the destination agreed, getting into the cab Jessie gave the driver the instructions "Hard Rock Café Times Square...." I half listened to Jess and jake having brotherly banter, but my mind was transfixed on the vision of Mara stood in that wedding gown... she looked radiant and stunning, every curve every inch of her looked perfect, fact in my eyes she was perfect... Our wedding day was gonna be the best day of my life.

As our cab pulled up at The hard Rock Café Times Square, Jake, Jessie and me got out and stood on the side walk waiting for the others to catch us up, Jakey asked, "Hey dad is that building over there where the drop the ball on New Years Eve?"
I nodded, "yes it is"
"Wow, its tall.... look the year is still showing,... why is that when we are in the year now?"
"It stays for the year, and changes near the end ready for the next one."
"Oh, ok guess that makes sense.." he chuckled to himself, "What's so funny?"
"I am dad, I ask stupid questions sometimes."
I knelt down in front of him, "Your young Jakey, and your learning, and no question is stupid ok, only the one you don't ask."
"Really?"
"Really" he smiled at me as I ruffled his hair and stood up.
Jessie looked at his brother and then the banter started again, just as the guys pulled up kerbside.
Cab fare paid, we headed into the Hard Rock Café,  "Good afternoon sir, table for....six?"
I nodded, "there's a forty minute wait,  is that ok?"  I looked to the guys who all nodded.
"ok, take this bleeper sir and when it lights red, come to the desk and we will seat you at your table, the bar is downstairs to the left, or the gift shop is here for you to look around."
The kids wanted to look at the shop, and the boys wanted the bar. I handed the kids some money and told them to come find us in the bar when they were done.
"Ok Pop."
Downstairs and seated at the bar, we ordered our drinks, Richie asked. "So you nervous about your big day?"
I shook my head, "no, excited."
"You were never excited when you married Dot."
I thought on what Rich said, "no because I know now I wasn't one hundred per cent in love with her, and the doubts I had were s many, looking back I should have paid attention to those feelings, but I was young and just thought everyone goes through this on their wedding day, man was I wrong."
Teek put his hand on my shoulder,
"This time Jon, its not, you have your princess you have your true love."
I nodded and smiled at Teek, I knew he was right, Mara was my soul mate and best friend and the warm feeling at the pit of my stomach told me so too.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, so happy for Jon and Mara. Now bring on the wedding.

    ReplyDelete