Monday 1 June 2015

chapter Eighty Two

How we made it to the airport and then on board the Jovi jet is gonna remain one of life's mysteries to me, I've never witnessed such disorganised chaos in all my life, there were kids running in and out of rooms, Mara going through her checklist over and over and ma making sure we had every drug needed in a pouch, just incase.... I told her more than once, "Ma we ain't going to Mars, we can get these in any drug store in Europe," "yes and when you need a store you won't be able to find one." I laughed and gave in and just went with the flow.
Ma was driving us to the airport to save time, hadn't quite got that one figured out yet, but she was happy and I wasn't gonna rock the boat, I wanted happy people before we set off on honeymoon. I know my ma did not agree with me not telling Mara about my pop but she accepted my wishes, so I figured give as well as take, then its a win, win situation.
 
At the airport, we all stood out of the SUV with our luggage on the sidewalk, any easy escape was outta the question, when my ma jumped out too and grabbed us all wishing us a great vacation and a safe flight.
I really had to pry her arms from the kids so we could get going and check in.  It took forever, but we managed to make it through the doors into the departure foyer, as we moved forward in the direction of the check-in desk, I could see her waving and wiping her eyes.
"For the love of god, that women's not real..."
"Jon, she loves you, she is going to miss us, have a heart."
I smiled at Mara and shook my head and turning back I gave my ma a wave...
"Ok, happy now..." she smacked my butt. "Better" 
At check-in all the usual answers done we headed to security, as always I was the one that triggered the sensors and had to remove everything but my pants and be frisked before they would allow me though. A great source of fun for my wife.
"I think they knew it was you and the only way the women security officer could ever touch you up was legally... she certainly had a smile on her face the whole time..."  
"you think?" walking down to the gate, she laughed. the kids were sharing their banter and I knew we were going to have a great honeymoon and vacation.
We boarded the bus for the short trip to the plane, standing off the bus, as it turned around and left, I looked up to the door entrance of the jet. Stood waiting to welcome us on board was Carl our captain and Charlotte our cabin crew. Turning to Mara and the kids I asked, "so we all ready?" a resounding chorus cried out in unison, "yeah, lets get this muther..." "Jessie Bongiovi, watch your mouth..." he smiled at me and apologised, "Sorry dad, I'm just psyched you know..."  
"alright, lets go then, follow me." I led the way up the steps to the top, with Mara and the kids following behind her.  "Good Morning Mr Bongiovi, nice to have you on board." I smiled at him as I introduced Mara, what caught me by surprise was how Mara behaved, as she extended her hand to meet his, I noticed she was blushing. Mara looked at me, then looked to Charlotte and continued with the pleasantries of meeting our crew. I brushed it off and smiled to myself, I had a feeling Mara fancied our captain, or was it the uniform I guessed on the latter..
"Thank you Carl, nice to see you again, its been a while." he smiled and shook his head then added,
"My congratulations to you both on your wedding"
"thank you,  we appreciate it, so any storm's we need to ride or should it be smooth?"
" no reports of any bad weather sir so should be a nice flight"  "great, " he smiled as we moved past and took our seats. Mara chose them, we were sitting on the left side and Mara took the window seat... "Hey not fair I wanted that seat?" laughing she replied, well sit somewhere else then..."
I sat next to her, "oh really, is this the real you Mrs Bongiovi, getting all bossy,?" and leaning in close I whispered, " and what was with you blushing meeting the captain, care to share..?" she giggled as she whispered back, "I had a flash image of you wearing that uniform... for me..." I burst out laughing as my guess had been right, leaning back in I whispered, "well this is our honeymoon so never say never, anything is possible..." she smiled at me and blushed again. then she cast her eye's out looking at the runway.
My attention was caught momentarily as the kids had spent ages finding a seat they wanted to sit in, Charlotte was closing up the plane, a given we were nearing take off.  
Jakey was jumping from one seat to the other, having a seat in front of me, I caught him mid run and made him sit facing me. "hey lil man, steady ok... sit down and fasten your belt, were about to take off". no sooner had I said that carl came over the intercom. "cabin crew to seats please."
I watched as charlotte seated herself in the jump seat and buckled up. there was no psychical safety drill on my jet, we had cards and the video played while we taxied ready to depart.
I looked at all the kids, and smiled as they studied it, then I looked across at Mara who was miles away, "penny for them?"
she smiled back at me,  before speaking "thank you, thank you so much?"
"what for?"
"for giving me my dream..." she held her smile and behnd her chocolate eyes were tears, I took her hand and held it, as the captain increased the engine speed to a roar and we sped down the runway, taking off on our vacation/honeymoon, destination.... London England...  

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing Jon in that uniform either he he!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great chapter, Michaela. As for Jon wearing a uniform. Bring it on.

    ReplyDelete