Monday 7 April 2014

Chapter 58 - Hallelujah!

All that was left was trying to reason with Dot,
"Look, why are you so fucking hell bent on harming Mara and me?, whatever it is, just talk to me?,"
"Talk, talk? now you wanna fucking talk?, why now?..... well, I'll tell ya why? cause now I have your attention and your scared shitless..."she laughed and her eye's gleamed as she loved the power she held over me, over both of us. She was right but I had to keep trying.
"But now is the prefect time, c'mon Dot, just pull over at a diner and lets just go talk, you and me, what ya say? Dot? "
"Fuck you assole, sweet pretty boy, just man up and accept what's coming..." she turned her head back to the road; hands tight and her knuckles white from her grip around the steering wheel.
Her focus would not be broke.
Another bang in the trunk as Mara was being thrown around again, I glanced at the speedo, Dot was driving erratically, and at high speed.
"Dot, slow down for the love of god, Please.........." She turned to look at me briefly before responding,
" just shut the fuck up Jon, I'm sick of hearing you whine, or maybe you'd like to ride on the roof?."
I shook my head and turned to look out of the window.
The sun was high in the sky and everyone on the streets were going about there own business, no one was aware of the danger Mara and me were facing and going through, all they saw was a car being driven at speed, but then why would they?, no we were on our own. I forced my mind to think, how could I get us out of this?, nothing... all I had was my reasoning, and so far that had failed.

My concentration was broke as the in car phone rang, I looked down at the handset and saw it was my home number. looking at Dot I asked, "Can I take it? it could be the kids?" she nodded and pointed at the handset.
could this be Dots downfall, I prayed it was, and silently I thanked god in my mind...
I clicked on the handset, "Hey,"
"Dad, where are you?" Jesse voice was heard, and was music to my ears,
"Hey Jesse, were driving right now bud"
"When will you be home pop, there's lots of people here waiting for you?"
it broke my heart hearing my sons voice knowing I may never hear or see him again, and now his last memories would be that I lied to him too."
"Soon son, soon, hold the fort for me, ok? we are on our way"
"Ok,  one second pop... " I could hear Steph in the back ground, then Jesse spoke again, "Dad Steph wants to talk to Mara, can you put the phone to her ear, its about your surprise...."
I looked at Dot who rolled her eye's and gritted her teeth and held a facial expression resembling a snarl.
"its difficult Jesse,"
"Why? just hold the phone to her ear..."
"I can't Jesse, ok, we will be home soon enough ok, tell her to wait till then..."
"Dad, what's going on?" Steph spoke on the phone,
"nothing sweetheart, Mara is just concentrating on the driving..."
"Well put me on loud speaker? dad?"
I was running out of excuses so did as I was asked.
"Mara, its Steph, you ok?"
Dot looked at the handset but did not speak, she returned her eye's to looking ahead at the road.
"Mara?, what's wrong, don't worry I won't say anything to ruin things, just say hi, you guys should have been home ages ago? we are worried, what's taking so long? Mara? "
still Dot was silent. how can she ignore her daughter?,  I clicked the phone off speaker phone and spoke to Steph,
"Baby girl just know that we love you ok?, no matter what happens just remember that we love you, we love you all ok?"
suddenly Dot pulled the car over to the side and stopped the car dead. then she spoke and let her venom flow as she spat,
"jeez, what is fucking wrong with this picture eh? my fucking daughter thinks more of your whore than she does of her own mother." I still had the phone to my ear,
"Dad is that mom,?"
"Yes?"
"Dad just answer me yes or no, do you want me to get the cops?"
"Yes."
"Ok, stay calm dad, help is on the way, I'll leave this line connected and go use the office line, I'll be back, just tell me is Mara ok?"
"Yes."
the phone was rested on the counter and I heard her voice fading as she headed off to the office. Jesse picked up the phone,
"pop stay calm ok?"
I swallowed hard and replied, "I will "
Dot turned off the ignition and pulled the phone from my hand, she held the phone to her ear and spoke.
"Jesse James Bongiovi, Stephanie Rose Bongiovi, Jacob Hurley Bongiovi, put the phone on loud speaker, tell me when your all there?  and tell me when its done."
"Jesse spoke
"its done."
"Right, Well listen up and listen good, I'm with your dad," her first sentence was soft and just like I remembered when she spoke to the kids when we were a family, then her character snapped, " NOT HIS WHORE OK? TIME TO SAY GOODBYE KIDS CAUSE HE AINT COMING HOME EVER!!!!!  AND HIS WHORE AINT EITHER... THE NEXT TIME YOU WILL SEE THEM WILL BE AT THE COUNTY MORGUE!!!  before Jesse could answer she clicked the line dead.

my temper erupted, I cared not what would happen, "WHAT THE FUCK? ARE YOU FUCKING HAPPY WITH YOURSELF, NOT CONTENT TERRORISING ME AND MARA YOU TERRORISE YOUR OWN KIDS? YOU ARE A SICK MUTHER FUCKER DOT, I REGRET THE DAY I FUCKING MET YOU AND I PRAY YOU ROT IN THE DEEPEST FIRES OF HELL..."
she laughed, " you think your opinion scares me? GET THIS JON, AND GET IT GOOD, .....I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE AND FOR THE RECORD YOU HAVE BEEN DEAD TO ME FOR YEARS, IM DOING ALL THIS FOR FUCKING FUN"  her eye's were black, like I was dealing with the devil himself. I had not one shred of doubt she meant every word she spat.
 then her personality changed again, to one showing hurt,
"you broke my heart Jon, its totally shattered, ..... I tired to win you back when Mara was in hospital, I gave you a bed for the night, and gave you a shoulder to cry on, did you thank me?...  hell no; you fall asleep. so I tired to stimulate you to wake you to make love to me, but you could not be roused..... well part of you was, ....." her eye's started to roll in her head as she carried on, then another personality change, angry rising again,
"then you go and fucking report me for fucking rape? ....... bet right now you wish you were still with me eh? then your little whore would be safe with her mom....  and you and me could have been real happy.... but NO,  you have chosen your road, you have chosen the way you want things to be, and I'm very happy to accommodate, remember the old saying?"
"what old saying?"
"the saying that goes, if I cant have you, no one is gonna have you?" she reached into her purse and pulled out the gun she had pointed at Mara earlier, she pulled back the trigger and pointed it direct at my heart, for the second time in weeks I was getting ready to face my maker again, this time I held eye contact with Dot, I was no longer scared and just waited for fate to deal its cruel hand of fate....
BANG!!!!!


1 comment: