Sunday 17 November 2013

Chapter 44 - And the answer is.....



antique photo
Mara's Ring
 





My heart was pounding so hard in my chest as I waited for Mara to answer me I thought it would leap out of my body, her eye's looked down at me, melting my heart even more to a complete liquid mass..... I was sure, if she kept me waiting much longer it would spill out onto the floor for everyone to see.
Taking the Microphone from my hand she lifted it to her lips, still holding eye contact with me, she said.... "Yes,"

The whole room erupted with sounds of clapping and cheering, getting up off my knees we embraced each other, and kissed, then I gently slipped the ring, my late Great Grandmothers ring, newly restored onto her finger. She looked down at the ring and then at me,
"Oh Jon, its the most perfect ring I have ever seen. its beautiful, just what I would have chosen if I had a choice" kissing me again, she stood admiring her ring. 
"It was my Great Grandmothers, it is a Bongiovi antique. I know your liked antique rings and when I mentioned it to my mom, it just seemed perfect, it brings real meaning and love into our celebration."
Her eye's were so soft as she listened, then she spoke,
"It does, it means that you all trust me and love me enough to give me one of your relatives precious memories, and I want you to know that I will treasure it forever, with a proviso should anything ever happen to me, or god forbid us I will return it to you. Deal? "
"Deal.."
Helping Mara off the stage, I waved at the guys to join me, they took there places and as I kissed the back of Mara's hand I climbed back on stage to sing, the music started and I sang,

Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
and there it goes
I think I've found my best friend
I know that it might sound more than
a little crazy but I believe

I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life

There's just no rhyme or reason
only this sense of completion
and in your eyes
I see the missing pieces
I'm searching for
I think I found my way home
I know that it might sound more than
a little crazy but I believe

A thousand angels dance around you
I am complete now that I found you.......
 

2 comments:

  1. The ring is gorgeous! Don't know how Mara didn't melt at the sight of Jonny on his knee cause I know I would have. Loved it! More please!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theres more coming Cynthia xxx :) I would have melted too! but who wouldn't, what did you think to the song, its not a Bon Jovi track but the words seemed to fit perfectly!!!

      Delete