Thursday 7 May 2015

Chapter seventy seven

"well Mrs bongiovi"
" yes Mr Bongiovi, it's really happened, I'm your wife."
"I really could not be happier babe, I love you so much."
"ditto"
Her arms swept about my neck as she stole a kiss from me, interupted by my good friend and photographer, David Bergman, "Ok, can I part you two for a minute and ask you to join your family and friends outside for some pictures?"
"sure, but can I have just five minutes with my wife?"
He nodded as he left the marquee, Mara looked at me puzzled, "Jon our friends and family?"
"sssh, just come with me for a moment ok, I want to give you your wedding present. "
"wedding present?"
Taking Mara by the hand I led her to the too table, once there I handed her an envelope. "go ahead open it?"
Her chocolate liquid eye's looked at me, then back to the envelope as she tore it open. Her eyes wide with excitement as she grabbed me and squealed, " Omg, seriously were honeymooning in Europe?"
I nodded, "well London anyways"
" thousands of kisses were planted on My cheeks, while in between I heard over and over thank you, thank you"
" I did good then?"
"hell yeah, Omg, I can't believe it, when do we leave? "
"Tomorrow..."
Again the hugs and kisses, "What about the kids?"
"its ok, they are gonna stay with my mom."
"Really?, babe I know its our honeymoon but cant they come with us?"
"But I thought you'd want to get me all alone..." I pulled her into my arms and held her tight... she threw back her head and laughed, "Oh there will be lots of opportunities... trust me..."
"So you really want the kids to come with us?"
"I do, can it be arranged...?"
"I'm sure it can, I'll ring Obie and get him to amend the reservations at the hotel..."
David put his head around the door entrance again, Jon, light is fading here... are you two joining me anytime soon?"
"Yeah, be right there... shall we, I offered my arm to my wife and we walked back out into the grounds to be met with cheers and lots of confetti, for two hours David had us pose this way and that way, with parents, with family, then friends, even with us on the balcony of our bedroom looking down at friends, he must of taken at least one thousand pictures. Sitting on the bed for a moment, I exhaled a deep sigh, and Mara sat right next to me and did the same, which caused us to fall about into fits of laughter, and the more we tried to stop the more we laughed. We must of been laughing for best part of thirty minutes, a knock on the door brought us back to normal and the giggles subsided.
I opened the door, "Sir, your guests are seated and waiting on your entrance."
"Thank you, we will be down in a minute."
"Yes sir"
I ran and jumped back on the bed, "well Mrs Bongiovi, they are waiting, are you ready?"
laying back on the bed with her feet on the floor she nodded, I stood and offered her my hand as she stood, then linking arms we made our way down stairs to head to our reception.
 
At the entrance, we were stopped as the compare went ahead to check everything was ready for our entrance, he returned quickly and opened the doors to allow us to enter and take our place at the top table with our family.
"Ladies and gentlemen, please be upstanding and welcome your bride and groom Mr & Mrs Bongiovi"
for the millionth time that day more whistles and cheers and clapping as we walked past our friends and family to our table. Mara was smiling and beaming and positively glowed, she looked stunning, each of us acknowledged our friends as we past to take our places, I was stopped short as there sitting at a table was my pop.
"Congratulations son..." he beamed at me and got up and grabbed me and pulled me tight into a hug before sitting back down.
I stood for a moment totally shocked after my conversation with him how the hell could he be sitting here at our reception?

1 comment:

  1. Uh oh, John Sr. is going to cause a scene at his own sons wedding reception.

    ReplyDelete